Association of Yale Alumni / Email YAANW
The YAANW serves Yale alumni and friends in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Western Wisconsin.
New in town? Want to join? Email us. No contribution necessary (although we certainly welcome them!). You will be added to the membership list. And you are welcome to participate in all club events and activities.
We have a dedicated volunteer board which makes our many excellent programs happen – but, we rely on your continued contributions to support our work. We get no financial assistance from Yale University. With your financial gifts and volunteer assistance we are able to keep regional alumni connected and:
- Host engaging programs on the economy, politics, the arts, sports, and Yale University.
- Promoting and enhancing the reputation of Yale University in our region.
- Assist area nonprofits and students by sponsoring Yale summer intern fellows, through the AYA Community Service Summer Fellowship Program as well as Bulldogs on the Lakes.
- Interview more than 200 potential Yale College applicants and welcome new matriculants.
- Encourage and acknowledge outstanding high school juniors in our region with Yale Book Awards.
Summer Outing and Dinner
Aug 30 6:00 PM cocktails 7:00 PM dinner Woodhill Country Club
Time for our summer outing and dinner at Woodhill Country Club. Opportunity to play golf or tennis. Cocktails start at 6:00 pm.
Our featured guest is Yale Professor of Political Science Nuno Monteiro. Professor Monteiro is Research Fellow at the Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies. He is interested in international relations theory and security studies, with an emphasis on great-power politics, the politics of the nuclear age, the causes of war, military power, deterrence theory, political violence, and the philosophy of science. For more information, check his personal web page: http://www.nunomonteiro.org/
Golf: Beginning at 1:30 p.m. (Green fees circa $115 per person). To set up your foursome, call David P. Crosby ’62, Golf Chairman, (612) 303-6300 or email@example.com
Tennis: Beginning at 3:30 p.m. (Circa $12). Call Edwin (Wint) Ritchie, Jr. ‘67, Tennis Chairman, (612) 720-7027 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COCKTAILS: 6:00 p.m. (Cash bar)
DINNER: 7:00 p.m. ($68 per person) (Recent Yale Graduates: ’11-’16 $15; ‘06-’10 $35)
SINGING OLD YALE SONGS AROUND THE PIANO: Don Leavenworth, ’52, on the piano
RSVP by August 23rd.
Download sign-up form: Yale Summer Outing Woodhill CC 2016 or questions to Larry Schuster at SchusterClinic@aol.com or 952.920.8386.