Association of Yale Alumni / Email YAANW
Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Tour
Saturday, August 1, 1pm
This will be a fun and unique opportunity to see a whole new side of the Zoo and meet fellow Yale alums. We ran a similar event 3 years ago and it was totally fabulous as well as inspiring, interesting and great fun. It is truly for adults and children of all ages! We will start off by gathering in a private meeting room in the Grizzly Coast Exhibit area and meet some live animals up front and personal, followed by a private tour of some of the most popular exhibits with special behind-the-scenes stops. We will come back to the meeting room for a reception with some delicious hors d’oeuvres and treats and time to mingle. There will be optional free time to explore the zoo on your own before or after our gathering. Everyone will get a ticket to ride the new carousel too. All are welcome to attend, whether a family or just those young at heart with a passion for animals, and please feel free to bring friends. There are also mobility chairs available for anyone not comfortable walking for a tour. Don’t miss out on the fun!!
Location: Minnesota Zoo
Time: 1:00pm (remember you can come earlier if you want to do some touring on your own beforehand or you can stay after to do so).
Cost: $25 Adults, $10 children (3-12), children 2 and under free (includes entrance fee, carousel ride, parking and food)
RSVP or questions: Vicky Stoneman at 507 339-2897 or firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP appreciated by July 22nd, but please contact Vicky even if you are after this deadline.
The YAANW serves Yale alumni and friends in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Western Wisconsin.
New in town? Click here for helpful information on joining the YAANW.
We have a dedicated volunteer board which makes our many excellent programs happen – but, we rely on your continued contributions to support our work. We get no financial assistance from Yale University. With your financial gifts and volunteer assistance we are able to keep regional alumni connected and:
- Host engaging programs on the economy, politics, the arts, sports, and Yale University.
- Promoting and enhancing the reputation of Yale University in our region.
- Assist area nonprofits and students by sponsoring Yale summer intern fellows, through the AYA Community Service Summer Fellowship Program as well as Bulldogs on the Lakes.
- Interview more than 200 potential Yale College applicants and welcome new matriculants.
- Encourage and acknowledge outstanding high school juniors in our region with Yale Book Awards.