Association of Yale Alumni / Email YAANW
WEBSTER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Webster is thriving! The morning literacy hour is an outstanding opportunity to connect with children, one on one and in small groups. Wednesday afternoon enrichment is another hour long opportunity to use your talents to nurture our next generation. And the lunch program will begin soon.
We need your help!!
Volunteers must sign up through the Minneapolis School District. http://volmps.mpls.k12.mn.us/vol_info
For more information, and to volunteer, contact Ron Goldser at email@example.com.
May 12, 5:00 – 7:00 pm Dr. Peter Schulam, who was recently appointed Interim Director, Smilow Cancer Center at Yale New Haven Hospital will be visiting our club. We will have a reception at 5:00 pm (light hors d’oeuvres and cash bar) and presentation at 6:00 pm at Windows on Minnesota, IDS Center, Minneapolis. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at http://alumninet.yale.edu/clubs/mn01/schulam.html. For more information, contact Malcolm McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.387.7050
The YAANW serves Yale alumni and friends in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Western Wisconsin.
New in town? Want to join? Email us. No contribution necessary (although we certainly welcome them!). You will be added to the membership list. And you are welcome to participate in all club events and activities.
We have a dedicated volunteer board which makes our many excellent programs happen – but, we rely on your continued contributions to support our work. We get no financial assistance from Yale University. With your financial gifts and volunteer assistance we are able to keep regional alumni connected and:
- Host engaging programs on the economy, politics, the arts, sports, and Yale University.
- Promoting and enhancing the reputation of Yale University in our region.
- Assist area nonprofits and students by sponsoring Yale summer intern fellows, through the AYA Community Service Summer Fellowship Program as well as Bulldogs on the Lakes.
- Interview more than 200 potential Yale College applicants and welcome new matriculants.
- Encourage and acknowledge outstanding high school juniors in our region with Yale Book Awards.